Important Notice: Out of an abundance of caution, effective immediately, County Government buildings are further limiting access in response to the COVID-19 pandemic. Please click here to read more.


Press Enter to show all options, press Tab go to next option

  • Will people be allowed to leave their homes?

    Yes. Under the governor's order, people will still be able to go to grocery stores and pharmacies, and go outside to exercise or walk their dogs. But Evers, in a tweet, urged people, "Please stay 6 feet away from others and shared spaces such as park shelters and visitor centers."

  • Will I be required to carry documentation to leave my home?

    No. Individuals do not need special permission to leave their homes, but they must comply with this order as to when it is permissible to leave home. Similarly, if a business is an essential business or operation as outlined in this order, it does not need documentation or certification to continue work that is done in compliance with this order.

  • Will restaurants take out be allowed?

    Yes. Restaurants, which were already closed by the governor for dine-in service, will still be able to provide takeout and delivery.

  • Can manufacturing companies stay open?

    Yes, manufacturers will be allowed to stay open under the governor's order as long as they are manufacturing essential supplies to the community. Please watch for direction from your employer.

  • What about other businesses?

    Businesses will be forced to close unless they are deemed to provide essential services.

  • Does this order apply to child care settings?

    Child care settings are essential businesses and operations. Secretary-designee Andrea Palm’s
    Emergency Order #6 remains in effect, with the following amendments:

    Child care settings must prioritize care for families as follows:

    Tier 1: Employees, contractors, and other support staff working in health care

    Tier 2: Employees, contractors, and staff in vital areas outlined in the order

  • Who makes the decisions about which businesses are considered essential?

    The Safer at Home Order lists all businesses that are to be considered essential. We have also compiled a list of these businesses/services below.

  • What is considered Essential Businesses and Operations?

    • Any business or worker identified in the U.S. Department of Homeland Security, Cybersecurity & Infrastructure Security Agency (CISA)

    • Stores that sell groceries and medicine

    • Food and beverage production, transport, and agriculture

    • Restaurants and Bars (take-out or delivery ONLY)

    • Child Care Settings (Prioritizing child care for essential service employees with children)

    • Organizations that provide charitable and social services

    • Media

    • Gas stations and businesses needed for transportation

    • Financial institutions and services

    • Hardware and supplies stores

    • Critical trades

    • Mail, post, shipping, logistics, delivery, and pick-up

    • Laundry Services

    • Businesses that sell, manufacture, or supply products needed for people to work from home

    • Supplies for Essential Businesses and Operations and Essential Governmental Functions

    • Transportation

    • Home-based care and services

    • Professional Services (legal, accounting, insurance, real estate) These services shall, to the greatest extent possible, use technology to avoid meeting in person, including virtual meetings, teleconference, and remote work

    • Manufacture, distribution, and supply chain for critical products and industries

    • Critical labor union functions

    • Hotels and Motels

      • Must close swimming pools, hot tubs, and exercise facilities and prohibit guests from congregation in common areas

    • Higher educational institutions for purposes of facilitating distance learning, performing critical research, or performing essential functions

  • Are dinner parties and play dates allowed?


  • How long will the order last?

    The order will be in effect from 8:00 AM, Wednesday, March 25th until 8:00 AM, Friday, April 24th.

  • What's the difference between this stay at home order what was in place before?

    People are not under house arrest. The main difference is that businesses deemed "non-essential" will be forced to close.

  • Is hiking still allowed?

    Yes. State parks are not being ordered to close at this time, and are currently waiving all entrance fees. Governor Evers tweeted, "Please stay 6 feet away from others and shared spaces such as park shelters and visitor centers."

  • What about the April 7 election?

    Evers has been encouraging people to vote absentee for weeks.  At this time the election will still take place.

  • Who will be enforcing the order?

    This Order is enforceable by any local law enforcement official, including county sheriffs. Violation or obstruction of this Order is punishable by up to 30 days imprisonment, or up to $250 fine, or both. Wis. Stat. § 252.25.

  • Can I still hold a wedding or a funeral?

    Weddings and funerals can proceed as long as any gathering includes fewer than 10 people in a room or confined space at a time and individuals adhere to social distancing requirements as much as possible. If you need to travel to attend a wedding or funeral, you should check before you leave that your means of travel is still available. If travel is to another state, you should read any orders in place in that state before you leave.

  • What are the Social Distancing Requirements?

    Maintaining social distancing of six (6) feet between people; washing hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds as frequently as possible or using hand sanitizer; covering coughs our sneezes (into the sleeve or elbow, not hands); regularly cleaning high-touch surfaces; not shaking hands; and following all other public health recommendations issued by DHS and the CDC.

  • What if I still have to go to work?

    All essential businesses and operations are encouraged to remain open, but are encouraged to have employees work from home if it is possible for them to complete their job duties remotely. If you are a worker at one of these businesses, you must implement social distancing requirements as much as possible.

  • Are landscaping businesses allowed to operate?

    Landscape businesses are not considered essential businesses or operations. Staff can perform minimum basic operations as defined in the order.
  • Can I obtain care or boarding for my pet?

    Non-essential veterinary care should be avoided, but you may leave your home to obtain necessary veterinary care and supplies for your pet. Grooming services must close. Pet boarding and daycare is an essential business and operation that may remain open.
  • Am I able to proceed with plans to move out of my house?

    Moving and relocation services are essential businesses and operations.

  • Will golf courses remain open?

    Golf courses are not considered essential businesses. Staff can perform minimum basic operations as defined in the order.

  • Are there any resources to support family caregivers?

    The ADRC has workshops, support groups and seminars to assist family members in maintaining a balance between their own needs and the needs of their loved one.  Some resources are specific to a certain type of care need such as Alzheimer’s or male caregivers.  The ADRC has a staff person who specializes in family care-giving and who can provide needed resources and some limited funding for respite.

  • Are there volunteer opportunities available through the ADRC?

    The ADRC utilizes volunteers to assist with running and maintaining the nutrition sites throughout the county.  The ADRC also uses volunteers to take people to medical appointments, both in the county and out-of-county.  Mileage is reimbursed. Volunteers also help with office/clerical tasks, special programs such as the Senior Picnic, Share the Spirit and Golden Gardeners.  Please call the ADRC at 920-467-4100 or toll free at 1-800 596-1919 for more information about how you can volunteer.
  • What are Advance Directives and where can I get them?

    An advance directive describes, in writing, your choices about the treatments you want or do not want or about how health care decisions should be made for you if you become incapacitated and cannot express your wishes.  Any one age 18 and older and of “sound mind” can make an advance directive.  Directives are available on line at: or by sending a self-addressed, stamped business envelope to : Living Will/Power of Attorney, Division of Public Health, PO box 2659, Madison, WI  53701-2659.  

    The “Declaration to Physicians (Wisconsin Living Will)” informs your physicians regarding your wishes about life-sustaining measures to be used when you are near death or in a persistent vegetative state.  It goes into effect when 2 physicians agree that your vegetative state cannot be reversed and you are unable to express your health care choices.

    A “Power of Attorney for Health Care” is a document in which you appoint another person to make health care decisions for you in the event that you are not capable of making them yourself.   This, too, requires that 2 physicians agree in writing that you cannot express your treatment options to others.  You do not need an attorney to complete these two forms.

    A “Power of Attorney for Finance and Property” designates power to an individual chosen by you to handle your finances and property.  Anyone with complex or special assets should ask an attorney for help with this paperwork. 

    “Authorization for Final Disposition” gives direction for funeral arrangements upon your death.

  • I have a disability that is preventing me from full-time employment. How do I qualify for Disability Benefits?

    The Social Security Act defines disability as the presence of a physical and/or mental condition that is severe enough to prevent any substantial work activity and is expected to last at least 12 months or result in death.  Applications for Social Security Disability Insurance (SSDI) and Supplemental Security Income (SSI) are filed with your local Social Security office. Which program you apply for depends on your age and your personal work history, and if you are the disabled adult child of deceased or retired parents. You will need to complete both an application for Social Security Benefits and an Adult Disability Report.  The later report collects information about your disabling condition.  The Disability Benefit Specialist at the ADRC office may be able to assist in gathering some of the necessary information.  An appeal may be filed if you are denied a disability determination.

  • My special needs child will be turning 18 this year. What needs to be put in place before he/she turns 18?

    If your child currently receives SSI MA(Supplemental Security Income and Medical Assistance) you will need to contact Social Security during the month of turning 18 to determine if you need to reapply, or if a review should be conducted.  If your child did not qualify for these benefits before age 18, you will need to apply at Social Security the month after his/her 18th birthday to determine eligibility for benefits.  If your child currently receives Katie Beckett MA, you will need to apply at the Social Security Office for SSI and/or Social Security Disability the month after he/she turns 18.  If he/she receives MA through BadgerCare, this coverage can continue through age 19, as long as he/she continues to reside with you.

    A parent’s legal responsibility ends at their child’s 18th birthday.  Guardianship is set up when a person does not have the mental capacity to make decisions that meet their needs for physical health and safety.  The process of appointing a guardian includes: 1) The completion of a competency evaluation; 2) filing a petition with the court; and 3) A court hearing.  These steps are generally completed by a private attorney and started about six months prior to your son or daughter’s 18th birthday.  Another option is the Power of Attorney, which is less restrictive and does not require the services of an attorney.

    The Sheboygan County ADRC has staff that can provide Youth Transitional Options Counseling beginning at age 17.5  The ADRC Transition Specialist can provide you with needed information, assessment for long term care funding, and more.

  • What is IRIS? How does a person qualify?

    Include, Respect, I Self-direct is another long term care funding program for people with physical and developmental disabilities and frail elders who are functionally and financially eligible.  The eligibility and enrollment is the same as for Family Care.  However, with IRIS you will work with a consultant from an Independent Consultancy Agency where you will self-direct an individualized budget of money to purchase services related to your disability.  The time-line is also different in that because you have greater responsibility to accomplish the necessary tasks, it may take up to 90 days before you can be enrolled into IRIS.
  • What is Family Care? How does a person qualify?

    Family Care is another way of providing long term care services for people with physical disabilities, developmental disabilities, and frail elders who are functionally and financially eligible.  The ADRC is able to administer a functional screen that identifies whether a person meets the functional eligibility, and Economic Support staff screen for financial eligibility.  The I&A staff will then provide "Options Counseling" and provide information to the individual and their family about options that are available. Eligible persons will be transferred to the Family Care Managed Care Organization (MCO) of their choice and will then have a team that includes a social worker and a nurse, help develop a care plan and provide funding  that will allow the person to stay in the community.  Types of services funded include residential support, employment support, transportation, specialized medical supplies and more.

  • I may need to give up driving within a few months. What transportation options are available to me?

    Shoreline Metro bus service is available in Sheboygan and has runs to Kohler and Sheboygan Falls and will stop at the ADRC.   ADA transportation through Sheboygan Metro Connection is available to those who cannot access the bus.  If you are on Medical Assistance (not including Family Care), MTM Transportation will provide non-emergency medical transportation. The Sheboygan ADRC has a Volunteer Driver program for medical appointments for people aged 60 or over (restrictions apply). The ADRC also has the Handy Helper program where individuals can hire someone to provide transportation. There are several taxi services and wheelchair accessible transport services in the county as well.   The ADRC resource guide has a listing of the different transportation options and their contact numbers.  

    Resource Guide
  • What is Assisted Living?

    Assisted living is an alternative to living in your current home.  It includes adult family homes, residential care apartment complexes (RCAC), community based residential facility, and nursing homes.  Individuals with developmental disabilities cannot reside in a facility of more than 8 beds unless it is for a short period of recuperation or if a No Active Treatment waiver has been granted. 

    An adult family home is a place where 1 to 4 adults who are not related to the operator reside and receive care, treatment or services that are above the level of room and board.  They may be owner occupied or part of an agency with shift staff. 

    An RCAC is an apartment type setting that offers some independence and control over personal space.  Room and board, up to 28 hours per week of supportive care, personal care, and nursing services are generally offered in an RCAC.

    A CBRF is a place where 5 or more unrelated people live together in a community setting.  Services provided include room and board, supervision, support services, and may include up to 3 hours of nursing care per week.

    A skilled care facility (nursing home) is a facility in which a resident can receive care or treatment and, because of their mental or physical condition, require access to 24-hour nursing services, including limited nursing care, intermediate level nursing care, and skilled nursing services.

    The ADRC can provide you with a list of corporate owned facilities in the county, but does not have a list of owner occupied homes.  It is part of the Sheboygan County ADRC resource guide:   The state’s website: and the federal offer provider quality profiles and comparisons of most of the facilities.

  • How does someone get durable medical equipment?

    Individuals who need the equipment short term may borrow the equipment from the Sharing Closet in Plymouth or St. Vincent De Paul in Sheboygan.    Individuals needing the equipment long term, may be able to get the equipment through Medicare or their insurance, or if enrolled, through Family Care.  A prescription from a physician is required for purchasing equipment from an agency that accepts assignment. 

  • Is there funding available for home modifications?

    The ADRC has a list of agencies that may assist with limited funding for home repairs and modifications for accessibility for qualified individuals. This contact information is listed in the Sheboygan ADRC resource guide:  Family members, friends, and volunteers often times are able to mount grab bars and handrails.

     If you are enrolled in Family Care, consult with your case manager regarding home modifications.

  • What are the funding eligibility requirements for home delivered meals?

    The meal program is funded by the Older Americans Act, which requires that participating individuals be age 60 and older.  A person must also be home-bound, meaning they are unable to get out of the house for normal activities.  Some exceptions do exist, such as an unexpected weight loss or caregiver stress.  A person able to get out is encouraged to participate in one of the 8 congregate Senior Meal sites in the county to enjoy social contact along with a nutritious meal.  All meals follow the most current Dietary Guidelines for Americans.   Reservations must be made 24 hours in advance.

  • I don't think my mother should be living by herself anymore. What options are available for her and how do I get started with finding a suitable living environment?

    All persons age 18 and older, regardless of the disability, have the right to live in the least restrictive environment that will keep them safe.  The Information and Assistance Specialists at the ADRC are able to discuss different options, including home modifications to make the home safer, adaptive medical equipment, home-delivered meals, home care services brought into the home, assisted living facilities and nursing homes. 

  • My neighbors are elderly and seem to be neglecting their health and well-being. Is there help for them?

    Information and Assistance Specialists at the ADRC are available to work with individuals and help them identify resources that could be brought into the home to help them maintain their health and well-being for as long as possible, however, the individual would need to make the call themselves or if you have their permission, you can assist them with the call. The ADRC is unable to take a referral from a third party unless the individual has an "activated" Power of Attorney for Health Care or a legal guardianship. In this case, the appointed agent would need to make that call. However, if the self-neglect is extreme and putting the person in danger of harming themselves or others, anyone can initiate the call and a referral will be made to Adult Protective Services for immediate assistance.

  • I am having problems with my insurance covering some of my medical bills. Where can I get help understanding Medicare claims and Part D coverage?

    The Elderly Benefit Specialist at the ADRC has support from the Elder Law Center in Madison and can assist with straightening out most claims.
  • I have been placed on a new medication that is not covered by my prescription drug plan. May I change plans anytime?

    People who are on LIS may choose a different plan anytime during the year.  Open enrollment is available from October 15 through December 7th of every year for everyone.  It is important to review your plan during the open enrollment period to determine whether you are still in the most cost effective plan for the next year.  Insurance companies do look at their bottom line each year and will raise monthly rates along with co-payments if their profit margin is not where they would like it to be.

  • I am turning 65. Should I use the state's prescription drug program (Senior Care) or a federal Part D plan?

    The state’s plan is $30 a year and drug co-payment costs are dependent upon yearly income. Senior Care is available only to people who are 65 and older, while a Part D plan is available to anyone receiving Medicare.  A part D plan has a monthly fee and can be a stand alone plan or can be built into an Advantage Plan.  Individuals with low income and low assets may qualify for extra help (Low Income Subsidy – LIS) with the plan and drug co-payments.  Most co-payments under the LIS are less costly than through Senior Care.  For individuals who are taking expensive prescription drugs, SeniorCare can be taken along with a Part D plan and may help an individual pay for drugs when they reach the gap that requires 100% cost out of pocket.

  • I am turning 65 soon. How do I get signed up for Medicare and will I need other insurance with Medicare?

    If you are already collecting social security, you will receive a Medicare card with an enrollment date for Medicare Part A and Part B about 2 months prior to turning 65.   Coverage will begin the first of the month in which you turn 65 .  If you have creditable coverage with your insurance at work or are covered by a spouse’s insurance, it may not be necessary to enroll in Part B.  You will need to contact the Social Security office to have Medicare Part B removed.  Medicare will only pay 80% of your medical costs, so it is important to look at either a Medigap policy to cover the remaining 20%, or privatize your Medicare with a HMO or other Advantage Plan.  The ADRC has information on all of the Medigap plans that have been approved by the Insurance Commissioner of Wisconsin.  Call the Elder Benefit Specialist at the ADRC for more information.

  • I would like to retire within a few months. How do I sign up for Social Security?

    You may go to Social Security’s website: and complete an online application.  You should do this about 3 months before you would like to retire.  The local social security office will call you after your online application is received and complete the form with you in a telephone interview.  If you do not have access to a computer, you may call the Social Security office at 1-877-635-2549 to set up a phone interview.  The ADRC also has an Elder Benefit Specialist (EBS) for people aged 60 and over and a Disability Benefit Specialist (DBS) for people with disabilities aged 18 to 59 who can provide information and guidance. 

  • I want a print-out of the accounts on my case. Where can I get it?

    You can call the Wisconsin Support Collections Trust Fund (WI SCTF) at 800-991-5530 and request a participant account history.  It will be mailed to you at the address that is current in the KIDS system at no charge.  Or you can register for your own access to your case at and print out this information at any time after you get your secure password from the State.
  • How can I check to find out if a payment was made?

    You can register for your personal access to the information on your case by going to  You give yourself a login ID and the State will send you your own secure password at the address that is current in the KIDS system.  Once you get your password, you can access your payment information at any time.  You can also call the Wisconsin Support Collections Fund (WI SCTF) at 800-991-5530.
  • Can I make payments at the Child Support Agency office?

  • How can I make my payments?

    Payments can be mailed to:  Wisconsin Support Collections Trust Fund (WI SCTF), PO Box 74200, Milwaukee, WI  53274-0200.  Payments should be accompanied by a payment coupon, which can be found on the State Child Support website:  Wisconsin Dept. of Children & Families.  A coupon can also be printed from your personal access to the State website after you apply for it at Child Support.  You can also use the "Pay-by-Phone" service.  Information and instructions on how to use this service can be found on the State Child Support website.
  • Can I get a DNA test?

    A DNA test can be done by your physician.  If it is to be performed by the Child Support Agency, a court order is required before the test will be administered.
  • I want to change the physical placement order. What do I do?

    NOTE: Please keep in mind that matters of legal custody and visitation (physical placement) are separate from the financial support of children. Wisconsin's Child Support Program has no authority to create or enforce custody or visitation orders, and child support agencies do not handle these matters.

    Wisconsin's Child Support Program has no authority to create or enforce custody or visitation orders.  Either party can seek the services of private counsel to assist in this issue.  In Sheboygan County, the Sheboygan County Clerk of Courts office has motion packets available for a fee that have the instructions and documents that you need to modify your placement order by bringing the issue before the Court.  If both parties agree to the change, the Sheboygan County Clerk of Courts office has pro se stipulation forms available at no charge.  You can review the information that is available on their webpage at  You can also call their office at 920-459-3068 for more information.

  • When my children are with the other parent, they are neglected. What should I do?

    NOTE:  Please keep in mind that matters of legal custody and visitation (physical placement) are separate from the financial support of children.  Wisconsin's Child Support Program has no authority to create or enforce custody or visitation orders, and child support agencies do not handle these matters.

    If you are concerned about safety issues or the environment at the other parent's home, you should contact the Sheboygan County Department of Health and Human Services.  This agency is responsible for investigating suspected child abuse or neglect cases reported to them.  The phone number for the Sheboygan County Department of Health and Human Services is 920-459-6400.

  • What is the difference between SSD and SSI and why can child support be taken from one and not the other?

    The Social Security Administration has a website.  On that website is a description of the Social Security Disability Insurance Program or SSDI and who is eligible to receive those benefits.  Supplemental Security Income or SSI is designed to help those people who have little or no income and provides cash to meet basic needs for food, clothing, and shelter.  It is funded by general tax revenues and is considered a supplement to income based on need.  Congress made the determination that child support could not be collected from SSI payments.  (42 USC 7 (407)).

    Since Social Security Disability is an old-age and disability insurance benefit that is funded by Social Security taxes and is considered a substitute for income, Congress made the determination that Social Security Disability benefits could be garnished for child support.  (42 USC 7 (659)).

  • Where can I get a job search form?

    A payer who is not sending in regular child support payments should be documenting efforts to find employment.  Job search forms can be sent to you at your request.  Call the Child Support Agency at (414) 615-2591 and make sure to provide the address at which you reside so these forms can be mailed to you.  If these forms are lost or misplaced, they will not be mailed out again, so you can stop in to pick them up.  Failure to turn in job search forms with a minimum of 5 job contacts per week will result in additional enforcement measures.
  • If we work something out, does there have to be a child support order?

    For those cases where the Child Support Agency is not a part of the case, parties need the approval of the judge on any agreement that they make with regard to their child support order. However, if the Child Support Agency is involved in the case, any agreement made between the parties requires the approval of the judge AND the approval of the Child Support Agency as it is represented by the Child Support Attorney. The Child Support Attorney represents the interests of the State of Wisconsin which is concerned about the welfare of the child. When the State of Wisconsin is providing benefits and support for the financial and medical benefit of the child, a child support order has to include terms that are for the child’s best interest as the Child Support Attorney determines.
  • The order is for shared physical placement. Does that mean that no one has to pay any child support?

    Although the possibility of no child support payments is present with an order that placement is shared, shared placement does not always result in no child support payments. The calculation that is made is based on the exact number of over-nights that the child spends with each parent and the monthly income of each parent. The calculation can be found on the website for the Department of Children and Families.
  • What happens to the arrears amount when the current order stops charging?

    Per Wisconsin statute, when the current support order ends, the full amount of the current support order will continue to be paid and applied to the arrears until the arrears and any associated unpaid court costs and fees are paid in full.
  • What happens when my child turns 18?

    Months before the youngest child’s 18th birthday, a letter is system-generated and sent to both parents at the last address on record informing both parents that the child is turning 18 and contact must be made with the Child Support Agency to confirm the child’s attendance in high school. If no contact is made from either parent, the order ends  at the end of the month of the child’s 18th birthday and payments received after that are applied to any unpaid past child support and unpaid court costs and fees. If the Child Support Agency receives a letter on the school’s letterhead confirming that the child is enrolled and pursuing an accredited course of instruction leading to a high school diploma, the order will end at the end of the month on the date that is stated on the letter that the course work was completed or at the end of the month of the date of graduation that is stated on the letter. If the graduation date extends beyond the child’s 19th birthday, child support will end at the end of the month of the child’s 19th birthday. However, payments will not be stopped until all unpaid past child support and unpaid court costs and fees are paid in full per Wisconsin statute.

  • Can I use a private collection agency?

    Yes. You may employ a private attorney, a private investigator, and/or a private collection agency to establish and enforce your child support order. You should inform your child support agency if you do so. All payments must still go through the Wisconsin Support Collections Trust Fund. You, not the other parent, are responsible for all fees the collection agency charges. The federal Office of Child Support Enforcement reports that, “private collection agency fees rates generally range from 25% to 33%. Depending on the contract, a private collection agency may collect fees on any amounts received, even if the money was collected as a result of the work of the state child support program or if the private collection agency received the money as current, rather than past-due support.”
  • I am not getting my support. Why?

    Your case may be very difficult. Although the Wisconsin Child Support Program is a national leader in support collections, not all families receive child support in any given month. The most common difficulty is that the other parent’s address and/or employer are not known. Wisconsin laws are always being updated to help enforce child support orders and to give agencies more tools to use to collect support.
  • Why do I have to come to the hearing?

    Both parties to an action are notified of the date and time of the hearing. If the judge needs additional information to make a decision and neither party is present at the hearing, the parties do not have an opportunity to inform the Court of circumstances that would help the judge make an accurate assessment of what remedy is needed. By not attending the hearing, the parties give up their chance to present their information to the Court and have to abide by the resulting order.
  • The last time we went to court I did not agree with what the court decided. What can I do?

    When a court rules on a case, the child support agency cannot change the ruling. As with any court decision, you may appeal the decision to a higher court or hire an attorney to appeal. You may ask your caseworker if there are other options you or the agency can use.

  • Can child support agencies arrest the other parent?

    No. Child support agencies cannot arrest anyone. After a hearing, the child support agency can sent a warrant to the court for signature. If the court signs and files a warrant, the warrant is sent to the Sheriff’s office. The warrant gives the Sheriff’s office authority to arrest a person.
  • Why does the agency keep sending letters? I want the other parent in jail.

    Child support agencies have many tools to help them enforce child support orders. Some tools, such as charging interest on past-due support, are done automatically. For the most efficient and effective use of staff time, child support agencies use their experience to choose what tools (actions) they take and when. For instance, they might write warning letters before they take a more drastic action. Some enforcement tools and actions require due process or a court action. Jail is not always the best way to get money for your children.
  • When can enforcement be requested, and how do I ask for enforcement?

    If you have a case with the Child Support Agency, you may contact your child support agency and ask for enforcement of your child support order, if the other parent does not make a payment for more than a month.  If you do not have a case with the Child Support Agency, you can apply for services by filling out an application for services.  The application form can be picked up at the Sheboygan County Child Support Agency at 615 North 6th Street, Sheboygan, WI  53081.  It can also be found on the State's child support website at
  • The other parent recently moved. I had to tell my caseworker about it. Why doesn't my caseworker know this?

    You might learn information about the other parent’s address and job changes before the child support agency. You should inform your caseworker about these changes.
  • Weeks ago my caseworker said that the agency would take my case to court because the other parent is not paying. Why haven't they gone to court yet?

    It takes time to set a court date.  The court might not be able to schedule your case immediately.
  • My caseworker never calls me. How do I get someone to work on my child support case?

    Due to large caseloads, child support workers might not be able to contact you to update you about your case. If the worker does not call you, it does not means the caseworker is not working on your case. Stay in touch with your caseworker, and report any new information about the other parent that might help with enforcement.
  • Visitation Policies

    Effective 08/01/16

    All visitors must register and schedule visits using the GTL link located on this page.

    Any person who enters the secure area of the Detention Center may at the discretion of the correctional staff be subjected to a pat down of his or her person and an inspection of any containers, briefcases, purses, bags etc. being carried. The pat down procedure shall be conducted by a Correctional Officer of the same gender.

    Male Visitation

    • Saturday 12:00pm - 2:30pm
    • Saturday 6:00pm - 9:00pm
    • Sunday 12:00pm - 2:30pm
    • Sunday 6:00pm - 9:00pm

    Female Visitation

    • Sunday 12:30pm - 2:30pm
    • Sunday 6:00pm - 9:00pm

    Visitation Rules for Visitors

    Must arrive 15 minutes before scheduled visit to be checked in.

    • Cell phones are not allowed in visitation. Anyone in possession of a cell phone in visitation will be removed immediately and their visitation privileges suspended for a minimum of 30 days or until reinstated by the Detention Center
    • No food, drink or bags of any kind are allowed in visitation, including but not limited to purses, diaper bags, backpacks, etc.
    • Visitors must be 18 years of age. Minors under 18 must be the children or step children of the inmate and can visit with presentation of a birth certificate and accompanied by the other parent of legal guardian.
    • A maximum of two visits per session per visitor are allowed. Any visits in excess of the aforementioned rule will be canceled.
    • No mail will be accepted from visitors, it must be sent through the US Postal Service.
    • No information on inmates account or visitation list will be given out
    • Have a photo identification ready! (Driver's license, identification card etc.)

    Dress Code

    Attire is to be conservative and respectable. Those wearing low-cut tops, shirts exposing any midriff areas or any clothing which is provocative in nature or deemed to be too revealing will be at the Officers discretion and your visit may be denied. Any clothing depicting images of drugs, drug use or drug paraphernalia will also be restricted.

    Professional Visitation

    The following titles are considered Professional visitors: Attorneys, Probation & Parole Officers, Counselors, Social Workers, Teachers, Psychiatrists/PHD. Professional Visitors may visit at any time other than the times listed below. The following times are set aside for meal delivery and mandatory headcount.

    • 5:00am - 6:00am
    • 7:00am - 7:30am
    • 12:00pm - 1:00pm
    • 3:00pm - 3:30pm
    • 4:30pm - 5:30pm
    • 11:00pm - 11:30pm

    In order to maintain the integrity and security of the Detention Center professional visitors are encouraged to use our non-contact visitation rooms to conduct their visit. Only Attorneys, Law Enforcement and Psychiatrist/PHD will be granted permission to use our contact visitation areas for your visit, if needed. All professional visitors must bring proper ID, register and wear a visitor's pass, visible at all times.

    Ministry Visits for Inmates

    The following are the guidelines for ministry visits:

    • Ministry visits from Clergy or Ministry Volunteers must be scheduled at one day prior to the actual requested visit time.
    • To schedule visits use the GTL link located on the Sheriff Department Corrections page. Visits may be scheduled more than one day in advance.
    • The scheduled visit date and time will be entered in the Inmate's Visitation Schedule.
    • Ministry visits will be allowed to last 30 minutes.
    • Visitors that are more than 10 minutes late will need to reschedule.
    • When a visitor is late the visit will may shortened, depending on the visitation scheduled.
    • Clergy or Ministry Volunteers may schedule visits with more than one inmate, but may not have multiple visits with the same inmate on the same day.
    • Photo ID must be presented by all Clergy or Ministry Volunteers.
    • Clergy do not need a Ministry Volunteer ID from Chaplin Rick, but must present credentials that identify them as Clergy. If Clergy members do not have identification, they are required to have a Ministry Volunteer ID Badge from Chaplin Rick
    • All ministry visits will take place in the "Clergy" visitation room provided in each visitation area.
    • Due to room limitations, only one ministry visit at a time will be permitted in each visitation area.

    Ministry visitation may be scheduled during the following times:

    Monday - Thursday

    • 9:00am -11:30am
    • 1:00pm - 3:00pm
    • 3:30pm - 4:40pm
    • 6:00pm - 8:30pm

    Friday - Sunday

    • 9:00am - 11:30am

  • Mail Policy

    There are no restrictions on the amount of mail an inmate may receive or send. There is no limit the amount of outgoing legal mail. If an inmate does not have funds to cover their outgoing legal mail, they will be given envelopes his or her account will be charged postage. There is no charge on legal mail sent to the courts or Public Defender within Sheboygan County. Envelopes must be legible, free of drawings, stickers, perfumes or any other odors and have your return address and the inmate's full name clearly indicated. If a letter is received not following these guidelines, the letter may be returned or placed in the inmate's property bag and given to them upon their release.

    Our mailing Address:

    (Inmates name)
    2923 South 31st Street
    Sheboygan WI 53081

    All in-coming and out-going non-privileged mail will opened and screened for security purposes. Mail that is considered a security breach or contains contraband will not be delivered and may be held for evidence. In-coming mail will be distributed within 24 hours of being received. Magazine, newspapers subscriptions and books must be mail directly from the publisher or from an approved bookstore/retail store. Subscription must be paid prior to receiving material. Bulk/Junk mail will not be processed.

    Items that will not be accepted: Polaroid photographs, Blank writing paper or envelopes, any material depicting violence, drug use, nudity, racism, gang activity or potential threats to safety and security issues. These item will placed in the inmates property, returned to sender or forwarded to law-enforcement officials.

  • Telephone

    In-coming telephone calls or messages will not be accepted for any inmate. Emergency calls will be referred to a supervisor for verification. The telephones in the pods operate an out-going collect call system and are operator assisted. Three way calls are not allowed and are subject to disciplinary action. All calls are recorded and can be monitored. The phones operate between 8:00am -10:00pm and there is a 15 minute time limit per phone call. Inmates will need to redial each time to connection has been terminated. NOTE: 3 way calls are prohibited.

    The inmate may purchase $10 (20 minute) and $20 (40 minutes) phone by submitting a request slip to the bookkeeper. They will be issued on Tuesday and Thursday. If you have problems with the phone service you may call 1-800-844-6591.

  • Money Deposits/Withdrawal

    Cash is to be deposited in the KIOSK in the Detention Center entrance (located at 2923 S 31st St Sheboygan WI 53081). Funds may be sent by mail in the form of a money order or cashier's check, (Sorry no personal checks.) but may not exceed $500.00. Huber inmates when returning from work or appointments may place monies in an envelope and hand to the officer checking them in. Huber inmates who want funds from their account must submit a request to the bookkeeper. Non-Huber inmates may not request monies from their account, they will receive their money upon their release.

  • Dropping Items Off

    The Sheboygan County Detention Center has a policy that restricts items that may be dropped off for inmates. No items other than what is listed below will be accepted unless prior permission from Detention Center staff is granted.

    If you are dropping off Medication for an inmate the following rules apply: Medication must be in original packaging with the original label from the pharmacy clearly stating the name of the inmate. The medication must be current and not expired. Each medication must be in its own separate packaging; any mixed medication will not be accepted. The medication will be logged and the count verified by the individual excepting the medication. You will then have to sign verifying that the information is correct. The medication will be given to our medical staff for approval. All medication distributed in the Detention Center must be approved by the Detention Center doctor.

    If an inmate has a jury trial and has had approval for court attire the following items may be dropped off at the Detention Center for inspection and approval.


    • 1 pair of dress pants
    • 1 dress shirt
    • 1 tie
    • 1 sport coat
    • 1 pair of dress socks
    • 1 pair of dress shoes


    • 1 dress, skirt or slacks
    • 1 blouse
    • 1 slip
    • 1 pair of dress shoes
    • 1 pair of socks or hose

  • Medical/Mental Health

    The Detention Center reserves the right to charge a minimal fee for physician, assistant and nurse visits, per Sheboygan County Ordinance. Charges will be submitted to the bookkeeper and taken out of your canteen account immediately at 100%. Fees will be collected only for services requested by the inmate. Inmates will not be charged for services required by the Sheboygan County Detention Center. No inmate will be denied medical care due to inability to pay or insufficient funds in canteen account.


    Medical Staff - MD, RN & LPN (MD at facility one time per week)

    • Monday thru Thursdays 7:00 am - 8:00 pm
    • Friday 7:00 am - 9:00 pm
    • Saturday and Sunday 7:00 am - 11:00 am

    Mental Health Staff - Social Worker

    • Monday - Friday - Daily hours vary

    Medical Diets and Food Allergies

    • It is your responsibility to let staff know if you have a food allergy or need a medical diet. This request will be evaluated at the time of booking for immediate need.
    • Write a request to the nurse indicating your food allergy and/or need for a medical diet. The medical staff may request medical records to verify the need for a special diet.
    • It is your responsibility to avoid foods you may have an allergy to until a diet can be arranged for you.
    • Meal recipes will not be changed based on food preferences.

    Sick Call

    Emergency Sick Call Request

    • Direct all EMERGENCY medical situations to any correctional staff.

    Non-Emergency Sick Call Request
    • Complete an Inmate Request for Health Care form.
    • Contact a corrections officer if you are in need of more request forms
    • Nursing staff will evaluate your request, meet with you, consult the MD and make necessary recommendations for your care.
    • Nurse sick call - Monday thru Friday, fee $5.00
    • MD Sick call - one time per week, fee $7.00

    Dental Request

    Dental request are limited to emergency situations only and are approved by the MD on a case-by-case basis.

    Appointment Request

    Huber release inmates have the privilege of utilizing outside health agencies for medical and mental health care. These appointments must be made according to guidelines listed below:

    • Appointment cards must be submitted to the medical department 48 hours prior to appointment, not including weekends and holidays.
    • Appointments will be verified with your doctor's office.
    • Appointment cards may be faxed to the facility (920-459-1310). Do not have your doctor, friends or family call the facility with dates and times.
    • All request for outside medical appointment will need to be validated by a nurse or supervisor. You may be charged $5.00 for a nurse sick call depending on care provided.
    • Working/School Huber Inmates - Appointments may be made before or after work/school.
    • Non-Working Huber Inmates - Appointments must be made on Tuesdays.
    • You will NOT be allowed to leave the facility on your day off or during weekends. *Please alert any staff if a medical need arises.
    • Appointment dates and times may change to fit the above schedule after consultation with our physician.
    • NOTE - Inmates are not allowed out for physicals, eye appointments, chiropractor or dental cleanings unless a need has been validated by a nurse or supervisor. These requests are handled on a case-by-case basis.

    *You are responsible to pay for all medical, dental, psychiatric and medication bills you incur while at the Detention Center. The Detention Center is not responsible for these bills.


    • Medications must be turned in at time of booking. Over the counter and prescription.
    • Medications are kept on the medication cart and are given by nurses or correctional staff.
    • Medications will be taken in the presence of a nurse or correctional staff.
    • A visual mouth inspection will be performed after medication is taken. NOTE: Any attempt to check a medication or alter the visual mouth check may result in an alternate method of medication delivery.
    • All medications must be approved by the jail MD. NOTE: Narcotics and Benzodiazepines are used on limited basis in the jail setting. A medical records request will be done to validate the medical necessity of these medications.
    • Only medication purchased from canteen are allowed to be kept in your cell. NOTE: The medical department may make special arrangements for you to keep other medications/items in your cell.
    • Over the counter medications are not allowed unless they prescribed by your personal doctor or the jail physician. NOTE: Personal bottles of Acetaminophen (Tylenol) and Ibuprofen (Motrin) are not allowed to be brought in. However you may purchase packets of these OTC medication from canteen.
    • Medications are delivered two times a daily, morning and evening. NOTE: Some medications may require more delivery times; the medical staff will address these needs on a case-by-case basis. It is your responsibility to remind staff of your special medication dosing time.
    • Stockpiling and/or sharing of a medication is not allowed and will not be tolerated. Both of these offenses are considered major rule violations and will be dealt with accordingly.
    • Inmates that use or are in possession of any medication that has not been approved for their use by medical staff are in violation of jail rules and may be subject to prosecution.
    • Do not bring a paper prescription needing to filled to the facility. You must have a pharmacy fill this prior to returning to the facility.
    • If you are returning from a medical appointment, have you medication filled before returning to the facility. NOTE: You will not be allowed out of the facility to fill prescriptions once you have returned to the facility. A friend or family member will need to pick up the written script and get it filled for you and drop them off.
    • Medication must be turned in, in their entirety, DO NOT take any medications prior to returning to the facility. NOTE: All medications are subject to jail MD's approval.
    • Medication may not be ordered from a pharmacy and delivered to the facility, however special circumstances may exist and arrangements may be made IF payment has been made prior to the medication arriving at the facility. NO CASH ON DELIVERY ORDERS WILL BE ACCEPTED.
    • Medications may NOT be billed to the facility. This cost is your responsibility.
    • Sample medications are allowed IF we are able to verify the dosing instructions with your primary care doctor.
    • Medications left behind at the facility will be destroyed 30 days after your release date. NOTE: It is your responsibility to notify staff you have medications at the time of your release.
    • Controlled substances that are in storage during your incarceration can only be dispensed by medical staff, Monday thru Friday 7:00 AM - 8:00 PM.
    • As needed medications are used on a limited basis. It is your responsibility to request any as needed medication. This request needs to be mail one hour prior to medication delivery time.

    Other Medical Issues

    • Notify medical staff if you have any medical conditions requiring assistive devices, egg crate mattress, pillow or respiratory equipment.
    • Notify medical staff immediately if you have ant wounds, cuts and/or cold or flu-like symptoms.

  • Serving A Sentence

    New inmates Beginning Sentences

    The Sheboygan County Detention Center is designed to hold minimum security inmates,as well as medium and maximum security male and female inmates. A handbook is provided to all inmates housed in this facility. The handbook is to help inmates understand how the Detention Center works and what is expected of them.

    A few highlights from the handbook are provided below for the families and friends of inmates being housed or coming into the Detention Center to serve a sentence.

    Once you have been to court and have been sentenced you must contact the Sheboygan County Detention Center to obtain a Huber Packet and set a day and time to turn yourself in. This can be done stopping at the Detention Center (2923 S 31st St) and speaking with our staff. You can also download and print the Huber Packet ahead of time. This packet must be completed prior to turning yourself in and brought with at your time of booking. If this is not completed satisfactorily you will not be allowed out for work/childcare etc.


    In addition to the Huber Packet, you will also need to bring in the following:

    If Working or Child Care

    • $20.00 per day
    • 1 Week Meals and Maintenance ($140.00)
    • Booking Fee ($30.00)
    • Total = $170.00

    Full-time College Student, not employed

    • $10.00 per day
    • 1 Week Meals and maintenance ($70.00)
    • Booking Fee ($30.00)
    • Total = $100.00

    Full-time High School Student; not employed

    • $0.00 per day
    • 1 Week Meal and Maintenance ($0.00)
    • Booking Fee ($30.00)
    • Total = $30.00

    If serving less than 15 days

    • Full Meals and Maintenance
    • Booking Fee ($30.00)
    • Total = $30.00 + Meals & Maintenance

    Other Items Needed

    • If driving - drivers license, auto insurance
    • If self employed - business insurance, contracts and taxes
    • Childcare - birth certificate(s) and spouse's work hours from employer


  • Posting Bonds/Fines

    If a person is incarcerated in the Sheboygan County Detention and is being held on a Cash Bond, unpaid fines or unpaid Child Support, the following information may be helpful.

    If the inmate is being held here for unpaid child support from Sheboygan County, please contact the Child Support Office listed below. If the warrant is from a county other than Sheboygan, then that county will need to be contacted.

    Courthouse Annex - 2nd Floor
    615 North 6th Street
    Sheboygan, WI 53081

    (920) 459-3041

    If the inmate is being held on a failure to pay fines commitment and is given a dollar amount to pay, they may do so with cash or credit/debit cards at the Sheboygan County Sheriff Department located at: 525 North 6th Street Sheboygan, WI 53081 (First floor). You may also pay your fines using your credit/debit card online or by calling 1-888-604-7888. You may use more than one card to make payments. You will need the following information to make a payment.

    • Pay Code: 2684 or 5509
    • 2684 - Sheboygan County Bond 5509 - Out of County Bond / Municipal Bond / Child Support
    • Defendant's Name / DOB:
    • Court Case Number:
    • Charge / Arrest Date:
    • If Out of county Location:
    • Payment Amount: $

    Please be aware that GovPayNet does charge a service fee, review their website for details.

    A payment plan request can also be submitted if the fine is from Sheboygan County or Municipal Court. You may also submit a payment plan request by completing one of the forms below. Once the form is completed, please submit it to Sheboygan County Clerk of Courts.

    If your fine is a Municipal Court fine, please contact 920-459-0212; Fax 920-459-0217.

  • Juror Reimbursement

    As a juror in Sheboygan County you will receive the following compensation: $25.00 for a full day's service $12.50 for a half day's service $ .51 per mile for round trip mileage.
  • Call-In-Service

    Please call the JURY ANSWERING MACHINE each Sunday of your jury term for an overview of the upcoming week's trial schedule. You will be instructed to call the JURY ANSWERING MACHINE after 6:00 p.m. the EVENING BEFORE the trial. You will be advised whether or not to appear. If the trial is going as scheduled, you will also be advised of the location and time to report to the Courthouse. THE NUMBER TO CALL IS LOCATED ON YOUR TRIAL CALENDAR. (NOTE: for problems with the recording ONLY please call Melody Lorge at 467-4242.
  • Parking

    You may park in the parking lots located behind either the Courthouse or the Law Enforcement Center. Additional parking space is available at the County Parking Lot located at N. 7th St. and Center Ave.  Please place your TEMPORARY PARKING PERMIT in the front window of your vehicle.
  • Employers' Statement

    A statement for your employer of your attendance at jury duty can be obtained from the bailiff of the court or the Jury Clerk who is located on the first floor.
  • Words of Caution and Thanks

    To insure your impartiality, please do not engage in conversation before or during the trial with anyone who is not a juror. UPON OCCASION IT WILL BE NECESSARY TO CONTACT YOU FOR JURY SERVICE ON VERY SHORT NOTICE. WE WANT YOU TO KNOW THAT WE APPRECIATE YOUR COOPERATION. We realize that jury service most often is an imposition, but we firmly believe that your service provides a vital link in the chain of our American Justice System. Thank you for your contribution.
  • Length of Service

    Under Wisconsin law, jurors are eligible for up to five days of service within a 31 day period or until the case they are serving on is complete. A citizen will be eligible to serve again after four years. A "day of service" means a day of attendance, not necessarily of actual service on a jury trial. Often, these days will not be in succession. If you are selected for a trial, you will serve until that case is done. If you are not selected you are usually excused within one to two hours. Most trials last only one day. When a trial does last longer, the Judge usually adjourns so that you can return home each day at a reasonable hour.
  • Delays

    Resolving legal disputes is complex and can be unpredictable. Often, cases are settled at the very last minute, "on the courthouse steps." When the jury is actually ready to hear the case, the parties often work out a last minute compromise, rather than gamble on what the jury will decide. Usually you will not be told what the settlement is; you may have to hear a similar case later and should not be influenced by what was worked out in a different case. The settlements may seem very inconvenient to you, especially if you are at the courthouse waiting, but such settlements usually save your time, the time of all the trial participants and taxpayers' money.

    There may also be delays during the trial: witnesses may not have arrived, the Judge may have to answer a legal question which if heard by the jury might influence their decision; discussions about what testimony may be presented to the jury; or there may just need to be a break from the intense concentration required during a trial. In any event, the Judge understands the inconvenience and annoyance caused by long delays and will try to keep these to a minimum.
  • Type of Cases

    There are basically two types of cases, criminal and civil. In a criminal case the plaintiff is the State of Wisconsin and is represented by the District Attorney's Office. The State is seeking the conviction of a party accused of committing a crime. In a violation of a county, city or village ordinance, the plaintiff may be represented by the District Attorney's Office or other attorney hired by the local government.

    The jury in a criminal case decides if the defendant is guilty or not guilty of each charge or count against the defendant. The penalty, if any, is the sole responsibility of the Judge and should not concern you as a juror.

    In a criminal case, the defendant is presumed innocent unless the defendant is proven guilty "beyond a reasonable doubt." If the charge has not been proven beyond a reasonable doubt, then you must find the accused not guilty; if the charge has been adequately proven, then you should find the accused guilty.

    Traffic offenses and ordinance violations may also be presented to a jury. In all of these trials, the jury also decides whether the defendant is guilty or not guilty of each charge. Civil cases result from disagreements between two or more parties and include actions relating to marriage, real estate, contracts, injuries and money. The plaintiff is the party who starts the lawsuit by filing a complaint; the defendant is the party being sued by the plaintiff. The defendant files an answer if the defendant denies any part of the plaintiff's claim, and sometimes files a counterclaim, which is a claim directed back against the plaintiff.

    Your duty in a civil case is to decide what actually happened, since the parties do not agree with each other on the facts. The Judge gives you the legal rules, and you apply those rules to the evidence to reach a conclusion. The jury will be asked to draw conclusions from the evidence and often to say how much money will compensate the party for a wrong or injury.

    A party may choose to present their complaint to a jury without the assistance of an attorney. You as a potential juror must not make any assumption about the credibility of the facts of the case or of the parties themselves because one may be represented by an attorney and one may not be represented by an attorney.
  • Jury Selection

    You are one of a group of eligible citizens, chosen at random by the Clerk of Circuit Courts, who are called upon to be available to form a jury.

    After you have reported to a courtroom, you will remain seated in the back of the courtroom until your name has been called to be seated in the jury box (where the jury sits in the courtroom) or until you are excused by the Judge. All potential jurors are sworn to answer questions honestly about their qualifications to serve. This process of questioning is called voir dire (pronounced vwar deer). The purpose is to determine whether anything in your background or experience might influence your judgment toward or against any of the parties in the trial.

    The Judge will acquaint you with the parties, the circumstances of the case and possibly some of the witnesses. The Judge will ask the jurors some questions to learn whether there are legal reasons to excuse a particular person from serving as a juror. Some questions might be: Do you know any of the parties involved in the case? Do you know anything about the case from personal observation or by reading about the case in the newspaper or by hearing about it on television or radio? Do you know any reason why you would not be an impartial juror? Is there any reason you could not serve for the whole trial? The Judge will decide whether it is absolutely necessary to excuse any jurors who are not or appear not to be impartial (challenge for cause).

    Next the parties have the chance to question individual jurors. The questions may inquire into your background, experiences, and beliefs. Sometimes it may seem to you that these questions are very personal. You should not be embarrassed or offended. The attorneys have a duty to ask questions to learn which jurors will provide their clients with the fairest decision. You should answer all questions honestly. In some specific cases prospective jurors may be sent a separate, very detailed questionnaire prior to the actual voir dire. The parties will ask for clarification of any of your responses which they think may affect your ability to decide the issues of the case in an impartial manner. The Judge will see to it that the parties ask only questions that are appropriate and necessary.

    A party may ask that a juror be excused for cause and the Judge will then determine whether the reason is sufficient. There is no limit on the number of these types of challenges. A party may also ask to excuse a limited number of jurors without stating any reason (peremptory challenge). The party or lawyer may wish to have a jury with particular characteristics, education or occupational experiences.

    If you are excused, you should not be offended. No reflection on your integrity or ability is intended. The right to challenge potential jurors is simply a part of our justice system which allows the parties some control over which jurors will decide the case. When the required number of jurors has been chosen, the jury panel is sworn to fairly and impartially decide the case at issue.
  • The Trial

    After the jury has been sworn in, the Judge will determine if you may take notes during the proceedings. If you are permitted to take notes, they should not interfere with your concentration or observation of court proceedings. When you are reviewing your notes, remember they are not evidence, but your interpretation of facts presented to you. All notes will be collected and destroyed at the conclusion of the trial.

    All trials follow a general order of events; the role of the jury is similar in all trials. First, the parties for each side will usually describe in some detail the evidence they will offer. These descriptions are called opening statements. Usually the plaintiff goes first, and the defendant next. You should remember that these statements are not evidence, but are only explanations of what each side claims.

    Perhaps the most technical aspect of the jury trial is the presentation of evidence. Volumes of books have been written on this subject and it would be impossible for this handbook to provide anything more than the bare basics. Essentially, anything which tends to prove or disprove a claim about the facts is called relevant evidence. Evidence may be an exhibit (something in writing, a photograph, or an object such as a weapon) or testimony (the verbal answers to questions or other sworn statements of witnesses.)

    The rules of evidence permit the jury to consider only information that is directly applicable to the issues in the case. The jury will see and hear many things that are not evidence, such as opening statements and lawyer's objections. The Judge will make sure that the jury knows what the evidence is in a particular case and will permit only proper actions and statements to be presented to the jury. Sometimes the Judge may strike testimony, meaning that you should not consider that part of the testimony in any way when making your decision.

    Once the actual trial begins, the plaintiff or attorney normally calls witnesses first and asks questions to prove the facts from the plaintiff's point of view. The defendant or attorney may also question the plaintiff's witnesses to test the truth and accuracy of the witnesses' testimony. This process of questioning by the opposing party is called cross-examination.

    Occasionally one party may object to an action or question by the opposing party or to a statement made by the witness. A party has the right to object to any presentation which they believe is not proper. The Judge determines whether the objection has merit. If the Judge agrees that the action, question, or statement is not proper, the objection is sustained; if the Judge does not agree, then the objection is overruled. Objections by the parties or the ruling of the Judge should not cause you to be swayed for or against either side. The Judge will give you instructions, if necessary, whether information presented should be considered in making the jury's decision.

    It is common during a trial for the parties to present motions or hold conferences with the Judge out of the hearing of the jury. These discussions are usually legal arguments which might tend to confuse or wrongly influence your decision. By excusing the jury or by holding a conference at the bench or in chambers, the Judge is making sure that you consider only appropriate information. Whatever the reason for these apparent delays, the Judge understands the inconvenience and annoyance caused by long delays and will try to keep these to a minimum.

    When the plaintiff has completed the presentation of the plaintiff's evidence, the defendant may also call and question witnesses. These witnesses may also be cross-examined by the plaintiff. The Judge may permit the plaintiff to present additional evidence afterwards in rebuttal to disprove new information presented by the defendant.

    After both sides have finished presenting their cases, each side will make a closing statement or closing argument in which they analyze the evidence and give their reasons why the facts support their viewpoint. Again, closing statements are not evidence but are merely the viewpoints and opinion of the parties involved.

    The Judge will explain to you the rules of law that apply to the case and explain the decisions you must make. These written instructions are based upon years of judicial experience and many past cases. You must accept and follow the rules of law as given to you by the Judge. You may disagree about the facts presented during the trial, but you may not allow any personal disagreement with the law to influence your decision.
  • Jury Deliberation

    You and your fellow jurors will then be escorted to the jury room to discuss the case. First, you will select a foreperson, to act as the moderator and discussion leader. The free and full exchange of opinions and information should be encouraged. Such discussion should be sensible and orderly. As a member of the jury, the foreperson has the same opportunity to express opinions as any juror, and their opinions should not be given any greater weight. The foreperson will also communicate any requests or questions on behalf of the jury in writing to the Judge and will report the final verdict to the Court.

    You should fully and frankly give your views, and listen carefully to the comments of your fellow jurors. The deliberations should consider all evidence received in court and the instructions given to you by the Judge. You are not to rely upon any private sources of information, although it is assumed that you will use your own experiences, knowledge and common sense in reaching conclusions. Jury deliberation is not the place for emotions, prejudice, or sympathy, but rather for the calm review of the facts and the applicable law.

    If you need further clarification about the instructions, the foreperson should ask the Judge in a written note to provide further assistance. The Judge will evaluate the question and determine if there is a need for the clarification. Occasionally, the jury will be brought back to the courtroom to receive the explanation or to hear the reading of testimony or instructions.

    You should not hesitate to change your opinion, if your reasoning and judgment have changed, but no juror is required to vote against their personal conscience. The jury should work together to reach a verdict.

    Each question on the verdict must be answered separately and independently. You should not speculate on the legal results of any item. The verdict is your final decision.

    The foreperson will then present the verdict to the Court. The parties have the right to ask you individually if you agree or disagree with the verdict reported to the Court (poll the jury).

    When you have completed these responsibilities, the Judge will discharge you. Then, and only then, may you discuss the case with other people. However, unless there was a polling of the jury, you have no obligation to reveal your vote or your justification for that decision. Please be aware that you are also under no obligation to answer any questions regarding the case. You should be careful, however, not to disclose the names or opinions of other jurors and respect their own desire for privacy.

    After you have finished your term of jury duty, you will be asked to fill out an exit questionnaire. This is an opportunity for you to express your opinions about your jury experience and how the system might be improved. Your cooperation and input are invaluable to our judicial system; and your honest evaluation is appreciated.
  • Your Duty as a Juror

    As a juror you are in a position of responsibility and are expected to conduct yourself in such a way that no one may question your impartiality and integrity. Some basic rules to follow:
    1. BE PROMPT: Tardiness causes delay and wastes the time of all involved.
    2. LISTEN CAREFULLY: You will base your decision on the evidence presented to you.
    3. KEEP AN OPEN MIND: Do not form hasty conclusions or opinions. Each party has spent considerable time and money in preparing the case presented to you. You would want others to allow you to fully explain your arguments on a subject, allow the parties the same courtesy.
    4. CONTROL YOUR EMOTIONS: You may be confronted with exhibits or testimony which makes you uncomfortable. Be prepared. You should not show any visual or audible expressions that you have been affected
    5. DO NOT DISCUSS THE CASE: During the trial, you should not talk about the case to anyone, including other jurors. Outside discussion could cause you to form conclusions before all the evidence has been presented.
    6. DO NOT READ, VIEW OR LISTEN TO MEDIA ACCOUNTS: Newspaper, television and radio reports might present a biased or unbalanced view of the case. Such reports might then influence your future evaluation of the facts of the case.
    7. DO NOT TALK WITH ANYONE RELATED TO THE CASE: You should not talk to the lawyers, parties, witnesses or anyone connected to the case. This might be perceived as an attempt to influence your verdict.
    8. DO NOT INVESTIGATE THE CASE ON YOUR OWN: If the Judge determines that an inspection of the scene or premises involved in a case is appropriate, the Judge will arrange for the jury as a whole to make this inspection, accompanied by the court officials and parties involved.
    9. REPORT ANY PROBLEMS TO THE COURT: If you have become aware of anything inside or outside of the courtroom that caused you concern, the Judge should be made aware of it. Report your concern to the bailiff outside of the hearing of other jurors. Do not discuss this matter with other jurors, so that the minds of the other jurors will not be influenced if the problem is significant.
    10. REPORT EMERGENCIES TO THE COURT: If an emergency or illness affects your jury service during a trial, inform the bailiff The most important qualifications of a juror are fairness and impartiality. You must lay aside all bias and prejudice. You are the foundation of our judicial system, and your actions and decision should reflect this important role.
  • I just want to pay my fine: What should I do?

    If your citation does not indicate a "Mandatory Appearance", you do not have to appear in court if you pay the fine amount as shown on your citation at least three (3) business days prior to your court date. The fine may be paid in person at the Sheboygan County Courthouse, Clerk of Circuit Courts Office or mailed to:

    Sheboygan County Clerk of Circuit Courts Office
    615 N. 6th Street
    Sheboygan, WI 53081-4692
    Include a copy of your citation with your check or money order to assure proper handling.

    You may also pay using a credit card by calling Government Payment Service, Inc. at 1-888-604-7888. There is a fee for this service.

    NOT GUILTY pleas must be written; please see below. You may call the Clerk of Circuit Courts Office at (920) 459-3094 and enter a guilty or no contest plea. The fine will be due 60 days from the date the plea is entered.
  • I wish to plead NOT GUILTY by mail: How do I do this?

    If you wish to plead NOT GUILTY without appearing in court on the date written on your citation, write a letter stating that you plead NOT GUILTY. You must include a copy of your citation, your current mailing address and your phone number. This letter, called a "plea", must be received three (3) business days prior to the court date written on the citation. Mail the plea to:

    Sheboygan County Clerk of Circuit Courts Office
    615 N. Sixth Street
    Sheboygan, WI 53081-4692
    You will not hear from the court until after the court date on your citation. At that time you will be mailed a notice for a pretrial conference with the prosecuting agency.

    If you send a payment after you have entered a not guilty plea, you will be removed from the trial calendar and found guilty.

    If you are making a plea of not guilty and wish to request a jury trial, you must make a demand for a jury trial in writing and pay the necessary fee within 10 days after your initial appearance.
  • What will happen when I appear in court on the date of my citation?

    The date on your citation is the date of your initial appearance. An initial appearance is your opportunity to enter a plea to the charge. You may enter a plea of GUILTY, NO CONTEST, or NOT GUILTY. The initial appearance is not the trial. If you enter a plea of guilty or no contest, the court will find you guilty and the matter will be resolved at the initial appearance. If you enter a plea of not guilty, your case will be scheduled for a pretrial conference with the prosecuting agency. The court will inform you of your right to a jury trial and that the jury fee must be paid within 10 days.

    PLEASE NOTE: If you do not appear or enter a plea in writing before the court date on your citation, the court will find you guilty, impose the fine and allow 25 days for payment of the fine. If you fail to pay the fine, your driving privileges will be suspended for two (1) year or until the fine is paid in full and a reinstatement fee is paid.


    If you have any questions regarding the payment of your fine, you may contact the Accounting Division at (920) 459-3078.
  • I'm worried about the points to be assessed against my driving record: How do I know if I'm in point trouble?

    If you are found guilty of a traffic violation, your driving record may be charged with demerit points. The court will not determine the number of points assessed against your record. The court will merely report the conviction to the Wisconsin Division of Motor Vehicles and the DMV will assess the number of points against your record, depending upon the charge.

    The point schedule lists common traffic violations. Other violations, not listed, may also carry points. If you accumulate 12 points against your driving record within a one-year period by the date of violations, your license will be suspended or revoked.

    Violation Points Schedule

    Speeding Violations

    Miles per hour
    over the legal

    10 or less
    11-19  4
     20 or more


    Other Violations

    Operating under the influence 6
    Hit and run unattended vehicle
    Deviating from a traffic lane
    Texting or Emailing while driving
    Driving on wrong side of highway or street
    Failing to yield right of way
    Failing to yield to emergency vehicle
    Imprudent driving, too fast for conditions, failure to have a vehicle under control
    Inattentive driving
    Pass school bus with red lights flashing
    Disregarding official sign
    Driving wrong way on one way street
    Failing to dim lights
    Failing to give proper signal
    Following too close
    Illegal passing
    Improper brakes or lights
    Operating with expired or no valid license
    Prohibited or illegal turn
    Violation of restriction
    Parking in traffic lane on highway
    Defective speedometer
    Unsafe backing

    Motorcycle Violations

    Headlamps not lit (day hours 0 points)
    No cycle validation 3
    More than 2 riders (operator)
    No eye protection (operator)
    If you have a probationary license, demerit points are doubled for each conviction after your first.
  • May I file and handle my own divorce without an attorney? Can I change my mind later and hire an attorney?

    Yes, but people who handle their own divorce are still responsible for following all applicable family court laws and procedures and for preparing ALL papers necessary to complete the divorce. Generally, see Chapter 767 of the Wisconsin Statutes in your local public library. You can hire an attorney at any time.
  • Are there some things I could do for myself that could reduce attorney and other legal costs?

    If you file and handle your own divorce you would not be paying an attorney, of course, but you would still be responsible for the filing fee, fees to serve legal papers and other possible costs. Also consider that attorneys sometimes don't charge a fee for the first interview session. You should check this out.
  • What is the difference between filing for a divorce, a legal separation or an annulment?

    A divorce is filed when a marriage is thought to be irretrievably broken and you feel you want a permanent split-up. A legal separation is when people are living apart but the marriage is still legally binding. An annulment is filed when someone seeks to undo or cancel a marriage because it wasn't or hasn't been really "official" or legal under the laws of Wisconsin.
  • What forms do I need to file for a divorce?

    Look for a summons and a petition if you are filing by yourself against the other person. A joint petition can be used if you are both filing together. Each party to the divorce must file a financial disclosure statement. Also, a Findings of Fact And Conclusions of Law will be required at the final hearing.
  • Do I need to complete a medical questionnaire?

    In making an order of sole legal custody for children, the court is required by Wisconsin statute to collect medical history information from a parent. A form will be provided for this purpose, is intended for the child's benefit, and will be sent by the court to the child's primary health care physician.
  • What are parenting classes and parenting plans and will I need them?

    If you have minor children under 16, the court will order the parents to attend an educational class providing training in parenting or co-parenting. There is a fee for attending the class. In family cases where the parties have minor children and in all paternity cases, a parenting plan may be required. These forms are available at the Clerk of Circuit Courts office.
  • Where do I get the forms to file for a divorce?

    Office supply stores may have forms available. Form packets are available for purchase from the Clerk of Circuit Courts office.  Forms may also be found at:
  • Where do I file the divorce documents and how much will it cost?

    In Sheboygan County, go to the Clerk of Circuit Courts office on the first floor of the Courthouse and submit your documents along with the correct filing fee, as follows:

    With children = $194.50

    Without children = $184.50

    Filing fees can change if the law changes. To ask about the current fee either stop in at the Clerk of Circuit Courts office or call 459-3827.
  • What if I don't have enough money to pay the filing fee?

    You may obtain additional forms at the office supply store called a "Petition And Order For Waiver Of Costs/Fees", and "Affidavit Of Indigency". Fill these out and bring them with you when you come to file the divorce. Any waiver or partial waiver of fees must be approved by a judge. Even if fees are initially waived in full or in part, the judge may order the fees paid at a later time in the divorce proceedings.
  • What happens after I file divorce papers? Do I get a temporary order? When, and what is it for?

    After fees are paid and the appropriate documents filed, a meeting called a pretrial conference will be scheduled 120 days from the date you filed your divorce. A temporary order is needed if the people in the divorce (called parties to the divorce) want an order during that 120 day period to specify living arrangements, child responsibilities, if any, and so on. The temporary order hearing is scheduled with the Family Court Commissioner in approximately one month after filing. The temporary order remains in effect until the final divorce hearing is completed and the final judgment is granted.
  • What if I don't know where the other person lives now - how do I serve papers on them?

    You must first make a reasonable effort to have the other person personally served. If personal service is not possible, you may do a "service by publication" in the county where you know the other person last lived. The publication, or legal notice, must be placed in the newspaper with the largest circulation and must run at least 3 weeks in a row, once each week.
  • Are there any family court rules or procedures I need to follow or know about? How do I get them?

    You can request this information from the Court Commissioner's office in accordance with Chapter 767.081 Wisconsin Statutes, or ask the Clerk of Circuit Courts. There is no charge for these documents.  Local court rules are also found at:
  • Who is responsible for writing and typing a court order or divorce judgment after the hearing?

    The person (or party) who requested the hearing must prepare the order for signature by the Family Court Commissioner or Judge.
  • Where should I direct questions about the Sheboygan County Foreclosure Mediation Program?

    If you have any questions about the Foreclosure Mediation Program, please contact Nan Todd, Clerk of Circuit Courts and Program Administrator at 920-459-0313.
  • Does this mean I won't lose my house due to foreclosure?

    Participation in the Foreclosure Mediation Program does not stop or suspend the foreclosure. The homeowner is still obligated to respond to the foreclosure action and may still be at risk of losing their property to foreclosure.
  • Is the mediation confidential?

    Yes, any discussion during mediation is confidential. The Court will only receive a report of the outcome.
  • How do I prepare for mediation?

    Once you are accepted into the Foreclosure Mediation Program, you will be asked to meet with a certified Housing Counselor. The counselor will assist you in gathering the necessary information for the mediation and will accompany you to the mediation session.
  • What is the total cost to participate in the program?

    When accepted to the Foreclosure Mediation Program, the homeowner/borrower must pay an additional $75. The lender will also pay a $100 fee.
  • Is there an application fee?

    Yes, there is a $25 non-refundable fee to apply for the Mediation Program.
  • Am I required to participate in the Foreclosure Mediation Program?

    No, participation is voluntary for the homeowner/borrower and also requires the consent of the lender.
  • Do all the borrowers who sign the mortgage need to attend the mediation session?

    Yes, all the borrowers must be present at the mediation session; for example, if a husband and wife sign the mortgage then both will need to be present for the mediation.
  • Do I need a lawyer?

    No, you do not have to be represented by a lawyer to participate in the program.
  • How do I apply?

    The homeowner/borrower must file a Foreclosure Mediation Request form with the Sheboygan County Foreclosure Mediation Program at the Clerk of Circuit Courts Office within 15 days of receipt of the Foreclosure Summons and Complaint.
  • How do I qualify for foreclosure mediation?

    The one-to-four residential property that is being foreclosed must be the primary residence of the homeowner and the homeowner must be the borrower.
  • Who are the Mediators?

    The foreclosure mediators are specially trained in foreclosure mediation.
  • What is the Foreclosure Mediation Program?

    This program will assist qualified homeowners to communicate with lenders to discuss settlement alternatives early in the foreclosure process with the goal of reducing the number of foreclosures either through work-outs or loan modifications or other alternatives that may be available by the use of foreclosure mediation.
  • Drive-Through Testing

    Drive-through testing sites are currently NOT open to the public and are ONLY for patients who have a provider testing order.
    • Do you think you need to see a doctor? Contact your physician or complete an online health screening assessment, and a licensed health practitioner will contact you.

    • Prevea/HSHS St. Nicholas:

    • Ascension Medical Group: 

      • Drive through testing is now available at numerous locations around the state, ONLY upon the order of a physician.

      • Patients in Sheboygan County will be directed to our Grafton, WI testing location.

    • CVS Pharmacy, 1108 N 14th Street, Sheboygan, WI 53081:  

      • How it works
      • Answer a few questions to see if you qualify for COVID-19 testing.
      • Select a test site and available time. Fill out the registration form.
      • Bring proof of identity and in-state residence, as well as your test confirmation email or text message. Be sure to have your mobile phone in case we need to reach you.
      • Upon arrival please stay in your car and follow the posted instructions at the site.
      • Community members are reporting long wait times to receive their testing results at this site.
    • Advocate Aurora Health
      • Advocate Aurora Health will begin community COVID-19 testing on Monday, June 15, 2020 at 2636 Eastern Avenue in Plymouth with additional and distinct drive through lanes. Testing is available to anyone in the community who is experiencing at least one COVID symptom. We will be offering testing Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
        • All patients must be pre-registered and have an order. They may self-schedule by calling 877-819-5034 or visiting and an order will be placed for them. Providers may also refer patients directly for testing and place orders.
        • Patients will be directed to download the LiveWell app or access the MyAdvocateAurora website to access their results. Results will be available in 4-7 days.
        • There is no out-of-pocket cost to the patient for the COVID test. If the patient has insurance, the insurance company will be billed. If they do not have insurance, Advocate Aurora will cover the cost.
      • Pre-procedure COVID-19 testing will also relocate from Aurora Sheboygan Outpatient Behavioral Health Center parking lot to this site in Plymouth.  This new location will ensure drive-through testing can continue in various weather conditions.
  • How does the application process work once the position is posted?

    After the expiration date, all applications will be screened by Human Resources and the hiring manager. We will respond to all applicants.

  • Advocate Aurora Health

    • Advocate Aurora Health will begin community COVID-19 testing on Monday, June 15, 2020 at 2636 Eastern Avenue in Plymouth with additional and distinct drive through lanes. Testing is available to anyone in the community who is experiencing at least one COVID symptom. We will be offering testing Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
      • All patients must be pre-registered and have an order. They may self-schedule by calling 877-819-5034 or visiting and an order will be placed for them. Providers may also refer patients directly for testing and place orders.
      • Patients will be directed to download the LiveWell app or access the MyAdvocateAurora website to access their results. Results will be available in 4-7 days.
      • There is no out-of-pocket cost to the patient for the COVID test. If the patient has insurance, the insurance company will be billed. If they do not have insurance, Advocate Aurora will cover the cost.


    • Pre-procedure COVID-19 testing will also relocate from Aurora Sheboygan Outpatient Behavioral Health Center parking lot to this site in Plymouth.  This new location will ensure drive-through testing can continue in various weather conditions.
  • What is important to know about completing the application form?

    It is important to be as complete as possible in filling out the form.

    • To have a application be considered, all pages must be completed, signed and returned. 
    • It is advisable to attach a resume and cover letter when applying for office and professional positions, however please complete the application in its entirety.
    • Be sure to sign and date the bottom of the application.
  • Ascension Medical Group

    • Drive through testing is now available at numerous locations around the state, ONLY upon the order of a physician.
    • Patients in Sheboygan County will be directed to our Grafton, WI testing location.
    • Patients seeking an appointment are encouraged to use for an appointment now.
    • Patients may also call our clinics with coronavirus questions or symptoms. In Sheboygan call 920-457-4438. In Plymouth call 920-892-4311. Ascension Wisconsin's toll free number is 1-833-981-0711
    • Ascension Medical Group Wisconsin Launches Dedicated Respiratory Care Sites 
  • Where do I submit or turn in my application for employment?

    Applications for employment will automatically be submitted through the Human Resources website.  If there is a need to submit an application other than through the website, please email  to,  You may also mail or submit your application in person to the Sheboygan County Human Resources, 508 New York Avenue, Sheboygan, WI 53081.  The mailed application must be post marked no later than the job posting deadline date.
  • Aurora Children's Health

    • Weekday appointments are open to all well baby, child, and adolescent appointments

    • Office is open from 12-1 again for well child visits or non-acute illness appointments

    • All appointments MUST be made by phone at 920-459-1480. Walk-In appointments will NOT be allowed.

    • Evening hours have resumed (non-acute illness appointments at this time or well child visits)

    • Afternoon between the hours 2:30-5:30 are reserved for acute illness appointments with the on-call pediatrician.

    • Saturday morning MD on-call reserved for acute illness appointments

    • Sunday morning from 9-12 reserved for acute illness appointments

    • Follow-up appointments, chronic problem visits have resumed, our pediatricians continue to encourage the long term or chronic problem visits will be done via video visit. 

  • Can I attach a resume or cover letter?

    Yes, it is highly recommended you attach a resume and cover letter to the application.  However, please know a resume is not a substitute for the application.
  • Can I apply for more than one job at a time?

    Yes, you can apply for more than one job at a time. 

    • You must provide a completed application for each job that you are applying for.
  • Health and Human Services Division of Public Health

    • Health and Human Services Division of Public Health is NOT providing testing.
    • Do not come to Health and Human Services if you are ill.
  • Can I make changes to my application after the deadline?

    No, once the deadline has passed no changes will be accepted other than address and phone. 
  • HSHS St. Nicholas Hospital and Prevea Health

  • Lakeshore Community Health Care Sheboygan

    • Lakeshore Community Health Care (LCHC) is now offering free COVID-19 testing and care for community members without a regular doctor who have symptoms or who have been in contact with someone who tested positive for Coronavirus.
      • Individuals will be pre-screened by calling Lakeshore Community Health Care 920-783-6633 (Sheboygan) to determine if there is a need for testing.
    • Emergency dental care and essential medical and mental health services will continue uninterrupted, call 920-783-6633 to schedule an appointment.
    • Symptomatic patients are asked to call before coming to the clinic.
    • Everyone entering LCHC's facilities will have their temperature checked and be asked screening questions per the CDC's guidelines.
  • What if I missed the deadline of an open position, can I still apply?

    Once the deadline has passed, no applications will be accepted for that particular position.

  • Plymouth Family Physicians

    • Majority of appointments are being converted to video visits, telephone [if video not possible].
    • Any patients coming to the lab or to see MD/NP are screened by phone prior to arrival.
    • Testing is limited to PFP patients that meet the ongoing standards and approved by a physician on our staff.
    • 24 hour number remains 920-893-0526.  Office hours currently limited to 8-5 M-F.
    • If you are not set up for our Web Portal this can be done over the phone.  If you prefer a family member do this for you please call to give us contact information and permission.
  • What if I am interested in a job that isn't currently posted?

    Applications are accepted when positions are posted on the website, and within the application timeline. Please continue to check the Sheboygan County website for an ongoing up to date open position list. 
  • Sheboygan Internal Medicine

    • All patients experiencing flu-like symptoms are asked to call 920-452-6000 prior to their appointment or prior to presenting as a walk-in patient.
    • If testing for the coronavirus is deemed appropriate, you will be referred to the appropriate site. No testing is currently occurring at our location.
    • Telehealth and e-visits are now options. Please call and discuss for more information if you have a pending appointment or acute concern.
  • Should I call to follow up on my application?

    We respectfully request that you not call to check the status of your application. We will contact you in the event your skills and qualifications meet the needs of the position you applied for.
  • How long do you keep my application on file?

    Your application is only for the position you applied for. You must fill out a new application for each position you want to be considered for.
  • Sheboygan Pediatrics

    • All calls are being screened before an appointment is made.
    • Anyone that has travelled or had direct contact with a person with a confirmed case of COVID-19, has a fever or cough is being asked to stay home.
    • We continue to see well child visits to keep patients up to date with vaccines.
    • We are asking that only one (1) parent or guardian bring in a patient leaving other family members at home, if at all possible.
    • SPA is currently seeing most well visits in the morning and sick patients in the afternoon, when possible, in designated well and sick exam rooms
    • Sheboygan Pediatrics is not providing COVID-19 testing.
    • The clinic phone number is 920-458-3331.