To promote public safety while assisting and supporting Veterans and their families through a coordinated response based upon collaboration with the Veterans service delivery system, community based services, and the court system.
SAVTC takes cases from Sheboygan, Manitowoc, Calumet, Winnebago, Fond du Lac, Washington and Ozaukee Counties that are US Military Veterans suffering from a diagnosable and treatable behavioral health issue that has contributed to the commission of a criminal offense, who are in need of the structure and support available through our court program and satisfy the courts screening process.
Making A Difference One Veteran At A Time!
- Reinvigorate the core values of the military into the Veteran participants’ daily routine.
- Reduce veteran participants’ criminal recidivism and other court contacts.
- Facilitate veteran participants’ sobriety, abstinence and improved behavioral health.
- Increase veteran participants’ compliance with treatment and other court ordered conditions.
- Work to alleviate issues surrounding veteran participants’ service-related behavioral health issues.
- Assure available VA benefits and services are accessed by veteran participants.
- Integrate community based treatment options and services for veteran participants as appropriate.
- Improve veteran participants’ family relationships and social support connections.
- Improve veteran participants’ economic stability.
A prospective veteran participant must be:
- Service in the United States Armed Forces (all military discharges will be considered).
- Diagnosed with a treatable behavioral issue which is substantially related to the offense.
- A resident of Sheboygan County or pre-approved for admission to the Sheboygan Area Veterans Court Program prior to sentencing or disposition in the referring county.
- Able to travel to all required sessions of the Sheboygan Area Veterans Court Program.
- Reviewed and approved by the Veterans Court Team to determine appropriateness for participation in the Sheboygan Area Veterans Court Program.
If you have a question and would like more information about veterans court please contact us at Veterans.Court@SheboyganCounty.com .
Prospective Veteran Participant
- SAVC Referral
- Veterans Treatment Court Contract
- SAVTC Release of Confidential Information
- Prior Record
- SAVTC Consideration Screening
- Participation Agreement
- Participant Acknowledgment
- VJO Release
Current Veteran Participant
- Mentor/Veteran Communication & Meeting Record
- Daily Journal
- Weekly Log
- Recovery Plan
- Phase Advancement Request
- Phase Advancement Request II
- Phase Advancement Request III
- Phase Advancement Request IV
If you experience any problems using the forms please email Veterans.Court@SheboyganCounty.com or call our office at (920) 459-3053.