Mission Statement and Summary of Responsibilities
In support of the County's Mission, Vision and Guiding Principles:
The Human Resources Team is dedicated to the highest quality of confidential customer service delivered with a sense of warmth, friendliness and individual pride.
The Human Resources team offers an environment to include an attitude of teamwork and quality in our day-to-day operations. In addition, an atmosphere that fosters positive challenges, as well as opportunities that demonstrate thoughtful execution, a caring attitude and a sense of personal accountability in promoting ethical and legal conduct.
We will do this by:
- Ensuring the human resources department staff are given the tools, training and motivation to operate in the most efficient and effective manner.
- Recruiting and promoting the best qualified candidates while retaining our valued employees by:
- assuring effective leadership qualities in our managers.
- providing competitive wage, pay for performance and benefit plans, as well as innovative wellness and safety initiatives.
- offering technical, interpersonal and career development training and coaching so as to promote individual success and increase overall value to the County.
- Inspiring and encouraging a high level of employee morale through effective communication, ongoing feedback and recognition.
- Establishing, administering and effectively communicating sound policies, practices and position descriptions that treat employees with dignity, respect and equality while maintaining compliance with employment and labor laws, county directives and labor agreements.
We are committed to promote a work environment that is characterized by fair treatment of staff, open communications, personal accountability, trust and mutual respect. We will seek and provide solutions to workplace issues that support and optimize the operating principles of the key business drivers, its management, employees and constituents. We will achieve this through the County's most valuable resource - 'Making PEOPLE a Priority'.