The mission of the Sheboygan County Division of Public Health is to promote conditions in Sheboygan County in which people can be healthy. In doing so, Public Health works with community partners to help promote health in a number of ways.
Healthy Sheboygan County 2020 (HSC2020) was convened by the Sheboygan County Division of Public Health in 1993. The HSC2020 Steering Committee consisting of public health, local health care agencies, schools, businesses, and community representatives works together to help the community live better, longer. Community health committees have been created based on assessment of the community's needs and input of county residents. Currently four community committees address the following issues:
- Alcohol and Other Drug Abuse (AODA)
- Mental Health
- Health Literacy
- Activity and Nutrition
For more information about Healthy Sheboygan County 2020 (HSC2020), call (920) 459-3207 or visit their website at healthysheboygancounty.org.
Public Health has representatives on several area community groups and boards, some of which include:
- Lakeshore Tobacco Prevention Network
- Sheboygan County Oral Health Partnership
- Lakeshore Community Health Center
- Sheboygan County Immunization Coalition
- Sheboygan Area School District Human Growth and Development Advisory Committee