Molds are fungi that can be found both indoors and outdoors. They grow best in warm, damp, and humid conditions, and spread and reproduce by making spores.
Some people are sensitive to molds. For these people, exposure to molds can cause symptoms such as nasal stuffiness, eye irritation, wheezing, or skin irritation.
For information about mold clean up or remediation see the links below.
Those with concerns of mold in rental properties need to speak with their landlord. The Wisconsin Department of Health Services webpage has information related to landlord and tentant issues. If you feel the property owner has not been responsive to concerns you’ve expressed regarding mold exposure, you can contact your local housing/building inspector or contact the Department of Agriculture, Trade and Consumer Protection at 1-800-422-7128.