You should be tested if:
- You have spent time with a person known to have active TB disease or suspected to have active TB disease; or
- You have HIV infection, drink heavily or are an intravenous drug user, or have another condition that weakens the immune system and puts you at high risk for active TB disease; or
- You think you might have active TB disease; or
- You arrived from a country where active TB disease is very common (most countries in Latin America and the Caribbean, Africa, Asia, Eastern Europe, and Russia); or
- You live somewhere in the United States that active TB disease is more common such as a homeless shelter, migrant farm camp, prison or jail, and some nursing homes.
Please contact Sheboygan County Division of Public Health 920-459-3207 if you have any of these risk factors and we can help get you the best test for you.