Wisconsin Home Energy Assistance Program (WHEAP)
The Wisconsin Home Energy Assistance Program (WHEAP) provides assistance for heating costs, electric costs, energy crisis situations, furnace repair/replacement, and Weatherization. Most types of fuel are eligible to receive assistance. Whether you use wood, propane, natural gas, electricity, or fuel oil to heat your home, energy assistance is available if you qualify.
Please visit the Home Energy Assistance program online for further information.
Economic Support Programs - Eligibility Guidelines
- CHILD CARE SUBSIDY
- MEDICARE PREMIUM ASSISTANCE
CAPITAL INCOME MAINTENANCE CONSORTIUM:CALL CENTER: 1 888-794-5556
FAX: 1 855-293-1822
Serving Adams, Columbia, Dane, Dodge, Juneau, Richland, Sauk, and Sheboygan Counties.
- Get information about programs & eligibility
- Apply for benefits
- Ask questions about your case
- Report address, income and asset changes
- Report anyone moving in/out of household
- Report pregnancy/birth of baby
- Report changes in expenses
- Report any other change in circumstances
State of Wisconsin - ACCESS
- To see if you might be eligible for FoodShare, BadgerCare Plus, Medicaid, SeniorCare, and other programs.
- To apply online for FoodShare and Medicaid (including BadgerCare Plus and the Family Planning Services Program).
- To check the status of your benefits.
- To report a change to your local agency.
Sheboygan County Job Center Resources:
The job center houses five agencies that provide a wide range of services for people out of work, including: training and education; job search assistance; resume help; career counseling; and economic support.
How to apply for unemployment benefits:
Apply for unemployment benefits online. Type into internet browser: my.unemployment.wisconsin.gov. OR for assistance, see your local American Job Center.
Other support/resources available:
Economic Help with Home Repairs:Info from: PARTNERS for Community Development, Inc.
Info from: USDA Rural Development