Important Notice: Out of an abundance of caution, effective immediately, County Government buildings are further limiting access in response to the COVID-19 pandemic. Please click here to read more.

Child Protective Services Access/Initial Assessment

Press Enter to show all options, press Tab go to next option

Unit Services

Access/Intake Assessment

Screen reports of suspected child maltreatment for jurisdiction and response time; conduct family Initial Assessments to determine safety and risk concerns and refer for services as needed; provide court related services including court referrals, court reports, testimony, and recommendations. Additional duties include voluntary child welfare assessments and referrals to agency and community resources.

If you have Child Protective Services concerns, please call (920)  459-6418, Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. and ask for the CPS Access Worker on call.  If your concern is outside our normal work hours (from 5:00 p.m. - 8:00 a.m. Monday through Friday, or on a weekend or holiday), please contact your nearest law enforcement agency.  Please do not leave an email message when it is an immediate or urgent concern.


  • Elkhart Lake Police Department - (920) 876-2244
  • Kohler Police Department - (920) 459-3877
  • Plymouth Police Department - (920) 893-6541
  • Sheboygan City Police - (920) 459-3333
  • Sheboygan County Sheriff's Department - (920) 459-3111
  • Sheboygan Falls Police Department - (920) 467-7902

Information and Referral

Assist with information and referral to appropriate community resources and services.

Alternate Care

Place children and youth in various alternate care facilities including relative care, shelter care, receiving home, and foster care.