Important Notice: Out of an abundance of caution, effective immediately, County Government buildings are further limiting access in response to the COVID-19 pandemic. Please click here to read more.

Residential Assisted Living

Press Enter to show all options, press Tab go to next option

Assisted living is a generic term that includes Community Based Residential Facilities (CBRFs), Residential Care apartment Complexes (RCACs), and Adult Family Homes (AFH.) CBRFs are state licensed group homes for five or more unrelated adults. RCACs are registered with the State and consist of separate apartments with kitchen, bathroom and living areas. AFHs are one or two bed homes that are certified with the state, or three-four bed homes that are licensed by the state; these may be operated by an organization or may be owner-occupied. The apartments can range from an efficiency-style apartment to a full-scale two bedroom or more apartment. A person's disabling condition may affect the type and size of residence in which a person can reside.

Public funding may be used to pay for some services. If you have any questions about the public funding programs, please contact the ADRC at (920) 467-4100. Check with individual Assisted Living facilities to see if they have a contract with public funding entities. Individuals may also private pay for services.

For more information about specific residential options view the Resource Guide provided by the Aging & Disability Resource Center.  

Other Resources:

The State of Wisconsin Department of Health and Family Services has information regarding assisted living facilities by county on its website. The website address is listed below:

State of Wisconsin Department of Health Services

Contact the Aging & Disability Resource Center at (920) 467-4100 to learn about residential options before moving.


ADRC Building
650 Forest Avenue
Sheboygan Falls, WI 53085

PHONE: (920) 467-4100
TOLL FREE : (800) 596-1919
TTY: (920) 467-4195