Adult Protective Services (APS) is responsible for looking after the safety and well-being of the most vulnerable of Sheboygan County residents, people with disabilities and the elderly. Please contact the ADRC if you need information, assistance, or have questions about:
- Power-of-Attorney-Health Care
- Protective Placement
In addition, APS does investigations regarding abuse and neglect of vulnerable adults and the elderly. The categories of abuse are:
- Experiencing a lack of adequate food, appropriate clothing or has unmet personal hygiene needs?
- Deprived of glasses, walker, hearing aids, other medical devices or medication prescribed by a doctor?
- A person that is in need of supervision but is left alone?
- Living in a home that has fire and safety hazards?
- A person being forced into signing over a check or other property to someone else?
- Having someone else use credit/debit card or checking account without permission?
- Being forced to pay someone else’s bills?
- Being prevented from doing things in the community or from leaving home?
- Repeatedly being told they are worthless, stupid, wrong or being yelled at and threatened?
- Being hurt or treated roughly?
- Being touched sexually in a way that is uncomfortable or without permission?
If you suspect someone is being abused, please call the ADRC at 920-467-4100 and let someone know. If it is an emergency, and needs immediate attention, contact 911 and ask for assistance.
Phone: (920) 467-4100
Toll free : (800) 596-1919
TTY: (920) 467-4195