Partnering with the residents of Sheboygan County to improve health and quality of life through education, building community connections and empowering all to be their best selves.
All Sheboygan County residents are valued, resilient, and thriving.
As a department, Health & Human Services has embraced a trauma-informed care (TIC) approach. This approach engages those with histories of trauma, recognizes the presence of trauma symptoms, and acknowledges the role that trauma has played in their lives.
In carrying out the Department's mission, all staff shall strive to embody these values:
- Safety – We believe in promoting safety for all staff and service recipients.
- Collaboration – We work with others to achieve common goals.
- Person & Family Centered – We support individuals’ and families’ needs, goals, preferences, cultural traditions, family situation, and values.
- Compassion – We practice compassion with all those we encounter.
- Trustworthiness – We are committed to relationships that are honest and reliable.
- Accessible – We are warm and inviting, approachable, and helpful.
- Results Oriented – We work together to make a difference.
- Resilience – We recognize a culture of hope and empowerment promotes healing.
- Integrity – We act with integrity in all that we do.
Summary of Responsibilities
The Sheboygan County Health and Human Services Department is the County’s comprehensive health and human services planning and delivery agency organized under Chapter 46 of the Wisconsin Statutes. It provides information and assistance to persons facing economic crisis, health risks, challenges to child, family and community wellness, life changes associated with aging, and other needs. In collaboration with its contracted partners and under the guidance of the County’s Health and Human Services Committee, the Department serves a diverse consumer base through its Economic and Child Support, Public Health, Child and Family Services, Aging and Disability Resource Center (ADRC), Elder Services, and Behavioral Health programs.
Connect with us via social media:
- Sheboygan County Health & Human Services Trauma Informed Care (Facebook Page)
- Sheboygan County Aging & Disability Resource Center (Facebook Page)
- Sheboygan County Division of Public Health (Facebook Page)
- Sheboygan County WIC Clinic (Women, Infants, and Children) (Facebook Page)