Sheboygan County Government's ability to provide services to its constituency is enhanced by having efficient, effective physical facilities in which to conduct business. The Building Services Department's purpose is to ensure that ability for present operations and to anticipate and plan for future needs, by developing an efficient and competent work force that is responsive and dedicated.
Summary of Responsibilities
The Building Services Department strives to insure efficient and effective facilities in which County government can provide for the needs of Sheboygan County residents.
- Operate and maintain physical plant equipment effectively.
- Provide access for the public to governmental offices.
- Maintain the cleanliness and appearance of County offices and service areas.
- Establish requirements for the expansion, modernization or replacement of equipment and/or facilities to meet expanding needs.
- Evaluate, develop and control capital projects related to systems modernization, equipment replacement or new facility construction.
- Establish and control operational budgets for responsible areas, and provide control budgets for major capital projects.
The Building Services Department is charged with the responsibility for the maintenance and cleaning of numerous buildings totaling 451,000 square feet, in seven geographic areas of the County. Some of these buildings include,
- Administration Building
- Aging & Disability Resource Center
- Courthouse Annex
- Detention Center
- Health & Human Services Building
- Law Enforcement Center
- Historical Society Museum
- Taylor Park
The Department has a quasi-maintenance responsibilities at the University of Wisconsin Green Bay - Sheboygan Campus, Bookworm Gardens, the Veterans Memorial, Job Center and Historical Society Museum, totaling 204,000 square feet. Building Services is called upon in an advisory capacity and offers electrical assistance at all Transportation Department buildings, the Airport, Rocky Knoll, radio towers, recreation trails, Broughton Sheboygan Marsh Park and meal sites. Office spaces are leased to the Multi-Jurisdictional Enforcement Group and Sheboygan County Economic Development Corporation.
The Department continues to provide clean and safe work environments along with training for its staff to reinforce and upgrade skills. The overall goals of the Department are to provide the employees and citizens of Sheboygan County with effective and attractive facilities to meet their needs at an efficient long-term cost.