Benefits of Electronic Recording of Real Estate Documents
- Document submitters can prepare and transmit documents to the register of deeds quickly.
- Fewer errors are made on the part of the document submitters and the register of deeds staff because of software system requirements.
- Document submitters get immediate feedback when their documents have obvious errors. Document submitters receive recorded images immediately after they are recorded and do not need to wait weeks or months for the document to be returned in the US Mail.
- The register of deeds can review documents for statutory requirements and immediately send back any documents that do not conform to law. Notes can be added explaining the problem and the documents are sent back to the customer electronically.
- The register of deeds can process the documents with the push of a button. The e-Recording system records, receipts, indexes, “scans” and “mails” back the document image in one operation. Whereas it would normally take 24 hours to get the document recorded, indexed and scanned, that process takes only seconds with electronic recording.
- The historic intent of the notarization process is restored, adding a new level of reliability to documents.
- The register of deeds can use electronic recording to address an increasing workload despite county hiring freezes. While the majority of documents will continue to be on paper, over time the use of electronic recording will increase office productivity significantly.
- Staff time, printing materials and postage are saved for both the lender and the register of deeds.
Electronic recording of real estate documents began August 5, 2008 (no deeds) and January 20, 2010 we accepted the first e-Recorded deed in our office.
Would you like to take advantage of recording real estate documents electronically? Please contact one of these vendors:
- ACS (Affiliated Computer Services Inc: 678-460-2483 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- CSC (Corporation Service Co): 866-403-5272 or email@example.com
- ERecording Partners Network: 888-325-3365 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Indecomm Global Services: 877-272-5250 or email@example.com
- Nationwide Title Clearing Inc: 727-771-4000 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Simplifile: 800-460-5657 or email@example.com