Adult Protective Services

Press Enter to show all options, press Tab go to next option

Adult Protective Services (APS) is responsible for looking after the safety and well-being of the most vulnerable of Sheboygan County residents, people with disabilities and the elderly. Please contact the ADRC if you need information, assistance, or have questions about:

  • Power-of-Attorney-Health Care

  • Guardianship

  • Protective Placement

In addition, APS does investigations regarding abuse and neglect of vulnerable adults and the elderly.  The categories of abuse are:


  • Experiencing a lack of adequate food, appropriate clothing or has unmet personal hygiene needs?

  • Deprived of glasses, walker, hearing aids, other medical devices or medication prescribed by a doctor?

  • A person that is in need of supervision but is left alone?

  • Living in a home that has fire and safety hazards?

 Financial Abuse/Exploitation

  • A person being forced into signing over a check or other property to someone else?

  • Having someone else use credit/debit card or checking account without permission?

  • Being forced to pay someone else’s bills?

 Psychological/Emotional Abuse

  • Being prevented from doing things in the community or from leaving home?

  • Repeatedly being told they are worthless, stupid, wrong or being yelled at and threatened?

 Physical/Sexual Abuse

  • Being hurt or treated roughly?

  • Being touched sexually in a way that is uncomfortable or without permission?

 If you suspect someone is being abused, please call the ADRC at 920-467-4100 and let someone know.  If it is an emergency, and needs immediate attention, contact 911 and ask for assistance.

Other Resources:

Coalition of Wisconsin Aging Groups

Guardian Support Center 

Elder Abuse in Wisconsin

Adult at Risk

Disability Rights

Contact Us
Phone: (920) 467-4100
Toll free : (800) 596-1919
TTY: (920) 467-4195