The Mission of the Aging and Disability Resource Center (ADRC) of Sheboygan County is to empower and support seniors, people with disabilities, and their families to ask for help, find a way to live with dignity and security, and achieve maximum independence and quality of life.
Aging and Disability Resource Centers are welcoming and accessible places where older people and people with disabilities and their family and friends, can obtain information, advice, and help in locating services or applying for benefits. They provide a central source of reliable and objective information about a broad range of programs and services and help people understand and evaluate the various options available to them. By helping people find resources and make informed decisions about long-term care, ADRCs help people conserve their personal resources, maintain self-sufficiency and delay or prevent the need for potentially expensive long-term care.
Aging and Disability Resources Centers shall serve all of the following groups of individuals, including people who inquire about or request assistance of behalf of members of these groups, regardless of their financial means:
- Elderly (aged 60 and older)
- Adults with developmental disabilities
- Adults with physical disabilities
- Adults with mental illness and/or substance use disorders
SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
Services provided at the Aging and Disability Resource Center (ADRC) include:
- Information and assistance
- Long-term care options counseling
- Short-term service coordination
- Enrollment into publicly funded long-term care
- Benefit counseling
- Prevention and early intervention services including services to family caregivers
- Transitional services for students and youth with a disability
- Response to emergency situations
or By Appointment
The Healthy Sheboygan County 2020 Coalition is looking for your input on the health issues that need to be addressed in Sheboygan County. If you live or work in Sheboygan County, please consider taking this short one question survey. Your input as a member of the community is incredibly important!