Sheboygan County Government's ability to provide services to its constituency is enhanced by having efficient, effective physical facilities in which to conduct business. The Building Services Department's purpose is to ensure that ability for present operations and to anticipate and plan for future needs, by developing an efficient and competent work force that is responsive and dedicated.
SUMMARY of RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Building Services Department strives to insure efficient and effective facilities in which County government can provide for the needs of Sheboygan County residents.
- Operate and maintain physical plant equipment effectively.
- Provide access for the public to governmental offices.
- Maintain the cleanliness and appearance of County offices and service areas.
- Establish requirements for the expansion, modernization or replacement of equipment and/or facilities to meet expanding needs.
- Evaluate, develop and control capital projects related to systems modernization, equipment replacement or new facility construction.
- Establish and control operational budgets for responsible areas, and provide control budgets for major capital projects.
The Courthouse Building Services Department is charged with the responsibility for the maintenance and cleaning of 489,000 square feet, in six geographic areas of the County. These buildings include:
- Courthouse Annex
- Law Enforcement Center
- Detention Center
- Administration Building
- Health & Human Services Building
- Taylor Park
- Aging & Disability Resource Center
The department has a quasi-responsibility for maintenance of the University of Wisconsin Sheboygan, Bookworm Gardens, the Veteran's Memorial, Job Center and Historical Society Museum, totaling 234,300 square feet and is called upon to assist at all Transportation Department buildings including the Airport, Rocky Knoll, radio towers, recreation trails, Broughton Sheboygan Marsh Park and meal sites. Spaces are leased to Farm Service Agency, MEG Unit and Sheboygan County Economic Development Corporation.
In addition the Department mows lawn for the Veteran's Memorial, performs preventative maintenance for the Museum and handles electrical needs at all County-owned facilities, including maintaining the Airport security system.