Chairperson: Thomas G. Wegner
Welcome to Sheboygan County's Website. As County Board Chairman, I am proud to be able to offer residents and visitors alike access to County information via the Internet. I hope you find the website user-friendly and informative. It includes information on County Board Supervisors, upcoming meetings and a summary of responsibility for every department. There are also links to local, state and other organizations for further information.
Sheboygan County has a lot to offer. Sheboygan County government is one of many reasons why our community is a wonderful place to live, work and raise a family. Our mission is to provide courteous, responsive, efficient and effective services to those we serve. Our vision is to be recognized as a leader of responsive and cost-effective local government. If you have questions or suggestions, please don't hesitate to e-mail, write or call my office.
MISSION, VISION and GUIDING PRINCIPLES:
The mission of Sheboygan County is to provide courteous, responsive, efficient and effective services to those we serve.
The vision of Sheboygan County is to be recognized as a leader of responsive and cost-effect local government.
The guiding principles of Sheboygan County are:
(1) to provide leadership,
(2) to be dedicated to the concept of democratic local government,
(3) to maintain a constructive, objective, and creative attitude,
(4) to maintain a deep sense of social responsibility as a trusted public servant,
(5) to be dedicated to the highest ideals of honor and integrity in all public and personal relationships,
(6) to recognize that the chief function of local government is to serve the best interest of all citizens,
(7) to improve the quality and image of public service, to encourage regular communication between citizens and county officials,
(8) to emphasize friendly and courteous service to the public,
(9) to treat your colleagues and staff with respect and courtesy,
(10) to foster problem-solving and continuous learning in the work environment,
(11) to train and empower staff to attain high standards of professionalism, and
(12) to actively seek shared services opportunities with local, state, and federal agencies.